Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm Ready for My Screencast, Mr. DeMille



I can't believe I've fallen behind by 3 weeks again. I would kindly like to request that life allow me to hop off the carousel for a few hours so I can blog and daydream.

Screencasts may just allow my inner director and actor to emerge. Yes, the sound is a bit warbly on the suggested sites I visited, but oh what potential! I could see this vehicle being used for reader's advisory. Picture it -- a Masterpiece Theatre set design, patron seated on a velvet Queen Anne's chair, (pipe optional) reading a few passages from a favorite book then providing a personal teaser about the book. How about getting kids involved, with permission of course, reading a few lines from H. Potter or Dr. Seuss. Could be fascinating and could draw a lot of people to our websites. Imagine how many classmates would log-in just to see a fellow classmate espousing the virtues of a Lemony Snicket book.

Mr. DeMille....I'm ready.:))

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Musetta!

If you think this week sounds like fun, wait until the YouTube week!! You'll be jumping with joy!!

I would say that you would probably want to use video rather than screencasts for some of your fabulous ideas. With screencasts, you wouldn't get the "patron in the chair" unless you had taken pictures of the patron and then made a PowerPoint presentation out of them. Not nearly as fun!!